Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lovely Day...Yester day!!!!

Yes, it was indeed a lovely day. Not that i acheived some thing and not for some memorable reasons...but yes, i loved it, I enjoyed it.

It was 6PM in office yester day. I suddenly realised that i have to go home. Looked out...hmm..it was raining. I thought i better call up my cousin who works near my office to get a drop. Called up, but nah...he didn't pick up. I thought Okay....he might have already got started.

Got down the stairs...It was drizzling. Thought i'll wait for a little...but nah...two little ones at home must be eagerly waiting for me. Started walking. Such a beautiful weather...never paid attention to these small details before. It was drizzling in small drops. Cool breezes passing across..
leaving that devine freshness. As i see people rushing along..i calmed myself and told the inner self...No hurry gal, 5 mins is not going to make any difference and started taking small steps being watchful to everything outside. plants drenched in rain taking breath from this fresh cool air...i looked at them...they were like so happy, they were like thanking god for this blissful rain after about 40+ temp everyday.

There are people almost running, there are people almost wet on two wheelers, there are people in Q at chai, samosa bandee.....Ooooh, what a great combi...why dont i get one for myself? but you see...you have all these daily labour working at nearby marble stores out here..Not that they are labour i refrained myself going there, but i'm sure i'm gonna get those weird stares when i stand there for chai. I told myself, Renu...better be yourself, there are always alternatives around! I walked further, there is a tiffin center out there. The smell of mirchi bajjees, phew....more than 40 people standing there. My usual babylike self is pushing me to go inside, but the inner cautious self is on its job telling me No Renu..NOOO, you can't do it! Fine, i walked further. Bus stop is 40mtrs to go. There i see a small shop with mirchi bajjee & punugulu. yay...no one in the shop. Not even a single person there. How come??? but why do i bother???? Be happy darling...knowing your craves, god arranged it. I went in and asked if bajjees are hot. He got one and asked me to touch. Ooops...Its hotttt!

I ordered 2 plates and they are in my hand within no time. Hot Hot bajjees parceled. But where do i eat them?? The fighting started again. The economical me kept telling to walk further till bus stop, wait for the bus, sit and eat if you get a seat (Isn't it weird to eat alone in middle of 40 people around?), carry them home and eat if you dont get a seat (dont they get cold by that time??, it takes min 1hr). But the passionate, irresistable food lover in me got out and pushed the economical one to corner giving it a straight knuckle punch. I stopped by, called the auto that is passing by and got into it. I knew that i'm gonna spend additional 100rs today, but thats fine, anything for hot mirchi bajjees :)
I got into the auto, hurreidly opened that parcel..hmmm...yummy! I passed one to the driver, he took it without even hesistating...who wouldn't love it?? He managed to eat it even at the traffic time of 6:45PM on panjagutta road. thats the power of bajjees, isn't it? I had good time eating them with onions and chutney given along. I still wonder why the shop was so empty, infact they tasted heavenly.. I waited for the busy traffic to go and handed over one more bajjee to driver..and yeah, dil mange more. Thank god he did not think that i'm trying to manipulate him by mixing something in bajjees :) If it was the otherway around, sure the passengers or for that matter myself would think in the same lines.

As i was nearing home, i thought better i take something to Sanju. I got down on the main road and looked around for quality walls ice cream bandees...but nope, I see a couple of heritage bandees there. Fine, something is better than nothing. Kid doesn't care the brands yet. I took one cone and chacobar and asked him why there are no qualitywalls bandees today. He is barely 14yrs i guess, he said the company is closed. I was like whattttt, what happenns to my cornetto then..hehehe :) I asked him why so, he said in an easy tone...."no sales, thats why they closed". I was even more shocked...Ohh...then i dont get any qualitywalls icecreams then..this time not to myself, but i said it out. The boy responded..."No mam...you will get them, you can find them in so and so bakery". I was like thank god and returned. Now i understand, may be the local franchise that is taking care of onroad bandees for that area is closed due to the low market.

I happily went home and as i pressed the door bell, my little angel opened it with a wide smile on her face. I handed over her ice creams, the smile got widened even further. As she choose to have cone, i took the chocobar, sat on the steps, cuddled each other and ate them enjoying the cool weather. Wasn't it a happy & lovely day???

6 comments:

  1. wow bajjis in rain aa...awesome...ur post is making me crave...have to search for stores around...but decent bajjis dorikela levu...something is better than nothing kada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe...yes, it is awesome. It felt different and nice to have them on the way watching everything around rather get them home and eat. BTW, you from TIA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi renuka..
    this is the first time iam reading ur blog..
    asalu entha baga narrate cheysaru . oh i really miss the bajjis...:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. akoo...nuvu oka book write cheyadam start chey confirm ga best Indian authors list lo nee paeru untundi...book title" evening hot snacks" subtitle:bajjilu and punugulu..

    ReplyDelete
  5. akka..manam ki oka agreement..nuvu write chey naenu publish chaesta..

    ReplyDelete

Design by Blogger Templates