Thursday, May 12, 2011

For My Loving Mom

Advanced Happy Birthday Mom! And yes, Belated Happy Mother's day too!



Ma...I want to write something for you. But i lack that needed confidence to kickstart it. I have this fear within me ringing those warning bells - "hey...you can't do it, Can you capture the moonlight within two hands??? You can just experience it, never dare to explain". But i have decided to embrace that fear and yell out - "Let me give a try..its not for the world to show how better i can express, its for my inner satisfaction to revisit and cherish the bonding". Its for me to realize how blessed i am to be gifted with you!


I must tell you, as i'm starting to write here, my heart beat is racing up as if i'm writing my final exams, as if i'm appearing for my first interview, as if i was sitting next to my groom in marraige, as if i'm entering into the labor ward. I'm just so nervous now...Ma..pass me on some courage as you always did in crucial times...give me that assurance that you have confidence in me....put me in that comfort that i'm capable of anything.


Ma..can i raise my kids as you did?? Can i teach them the value of relationships as you taught us? Can i stand by them every time they need support from me?? Can i be as self-less & as dedicated as you are??? Can i change myself to the changing times & trends and remain as friendly solace as you are now??? Can i make Sanju & Roshu as attached & as effectionate as me & anna are now? Can i teach them that the success is measured by the values you are carrying forward, but not the wealth?? can i be as subtle & yet as strong as you are while pointing out our mistakes?


If i can, i'm not going to ask anything more..i'm rest assured of kid's future...


When we were young & sailing through hard times, there was never a dull moment at home. You tried to make the atmosphere as lively as we have everything available in the world. You concealed your hardships under your radiant smiles & warmth and made us feel that everything is OKay...You always dreamt of our bright future and stood rock solid against all odds in your life to ensure that we feel secured. Those little little savings you made ensured that we are never deprived of minimum comforts and taught us the value of money. Every moment we are living today has this connection to go back to those tough times you faced. Had you been otherwise, we can't imagine what we are today.

My Family

you celebrated our small acheivements and always instilled confidence that we can do better. How can we forget the pictorial epic books you used to present us whenever we stand first in class? The spark in your eyes when someone praises us...., the love you shower on us despite the conditions...we are blessed to have you. I learnt it from you to cherish the little moments in life that could go unnoticed if dealt otherwise, yet they make such a big impression and gives that sense of fulfillment.

I remember when i was staying in VJA & you were in AKP, there was never a time you voiced the hard times you were going through but when i learnt them from relatives, i distress.. i was just helpless.

When i was about to get married, i still remember the night when i asked with all possible immaturity if my husband is going to beat me if i won't listen to him...after all, i have seen only that in your all life. And you responded that i'm that sweetest girl who can never get scouldings or beatings from anyone. You like it or not, you accept it or not, thats where i got the essence of life. As long as we are at our sweetest best in understanding others, things do fall in our place on their own. And its worth it all especially in cared relationships.

And when you people relocated to AKP from Hyd just not to cause any disturbances in MY married life, i know what you must have gone through. Knowing that you have toxic challenges to face without our support, you were still willing to do it just to see us happy. I was hell scared at every phone call from you waiting to hear the worst. And when i got a call asking us to come home immediately, the immediate thought passed through my mind was what happenned to mom???? But it was something else and irreparable. It was unexpected dad's demise and how can i console you?? For that matter, should i?? It was heart breaking to leave you alone in such situation and come back to Hyd.


Today i'm in this respectable position, to be able to give kids what they want even without a second thought, its all because of your support. Can i even imagine how i would continue to work leaving 2mths Sanju at home wihtout you. Its because i know you care for Sanju more than i do and she is in safe hands. You just didn't take care of kids, but also made sure that i'm not pressurized. You allowed me to have that quality time with kids making sure that i don't even have to look into minimal household chores. It might not sound great for others, but it means a lot when i was trying to dedicate as much time as i could to the kids. The way you were teaching things to Sanju, i was like waiting to come home to see what Sanju has learnt today. It was fun!


After all this, can i ask you for more??? I just hope you be there through out the life passing on that much needed warmth, suggessions & guidance. You are the one in this whole word who accepts me for what i am and loves me for whatever i do. To whom do i turn out without any inhibitions when i had to vent out or even to confess? You will never judge me, but will guide me to be a better person. You laugh when we laugh, you cry when we cry, Such a blessing! That unconditional love, where else can anyone get except from Mom?? That's why you are the best & bestest!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely n heart touching post Renuka...I wish your mom a very happy bday..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post Renu and know where the feelings come from. I appreciate your mom for all the guts she had.. okkati Renu, it is you people both you and bro who gave her the strength to move on, to face it all.. i know, I know it very well...

    I understand that timid girl asking that question to that mom, 'cos I went through the same the night before my wedding... things have a tendency to get worse but I have noticed that one gets tougher each time.

    Love to see the love line between you all...

    God bless her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks sree...i'm happy that you loved it...

    yes, i think every girl goes through some tough phases and its Mom to whom we turn to gather support to cross the junction.

    I just hope i be there as the pillar support for the kids..thats a tough responsblity i would say...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Keerthi...Sure will pass on your wishes..

    ReplyDelete

Design by Blogger Templates